Working together for a better tomorrow.
Terms & Conditions
Carlsberg/WWF On-Pack Promotion - Seagrass Project
- Carlsberg UK Limited (the "Promoter") is operating and administering the on-pack promotion described in more detail in the Terms and Conditions below in respect of the project known as ‘Planting Hope: Seagrass’ the aim of which is seagrass restoration and promoting the need to protect the sea by cultivating and planting seagrass seeds in UK seas with the aspiration that those seeds will grow into a 30,000 m2 seagrass meadow (the "Seagrass Project").
- The Seagrass Project is operated and administered solely by WWF-UK (registered with charity no. 1081247 in England and Wales and SC039593 in Scotland) ("WWF"). Further information about the Seagrass Project can be found at www.carlsberg.co.uk/wwf-seagrass.
Your personal data (name, email address, IP address and User Agent Session ID) will be held by the Promoter and will only be used for the purpose of:
- administering the promotion and recording that you would like to release 50p per promotional pack purchased to the Seagrass Project ("Redemption"); and
sending you a confirmation email that your Redemption has been recorded,
in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion below ("Terms and Conditions"). The Terms and Conditions and legitimate interests (to enable the Promoter to administer the promotion and provide you with confirmation that your Redemption has been recorded) are the legal bases for the Promoter's processing.
- If you have consented to receiving marketing communications from the Promoter (e.g. by ticking the box to opt-in to receiving the latest news, offers, competitions and information from the Promoter including the products and services it offers) when you submitted information via www.carlsberg.co.uk/wwf-donation, the Promoter will use your personal data (name and email address) to provide you with the latest news, offers, competitions and information (including the products and services it offers) via email. The Promoter will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing sent to you or you may opt-out or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the Promoter at email@example.com or by contacting the Promoter’s customer services team. The Promoter’s legal basis for this processing is consent.
- The Promoter will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact the Promoter using the contact details set out below.
- The Promoter will not disclose or share your personal data with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter to administer the promotion. In particular, your personal data will be shared with Umbrella Risk Management Limited ("Umbrella") in order to: process and administer your entry to the promotion; record your Redemption; and send you a confirmation email that your Redemption has been recorded, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Umbrella has been appointed by the Promoter to operate and administer the promotion and the promotion website on behalf of the Promoter and acts as the Promoter’s data processor. Please also see Paragraph 7 below. Your personal data may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where the Promoter's (or its third parties') processing equipment is located in another country but the Promoter will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
You have various rights with regard to the personal data which the Promoter holds about you:
- a right to request a copy of that data;
a right to require that the Promoter erases your personal data. Please note that this will mean that:
- the Promoter cannot send you a confirmation email that your Redemption has been recorded if your personal data is erased before that confirmation email is sent; and
- an anonymised record of the Redemption and request to release 50p per promotional pack purchased to the Seagrass Project will be retained. The unique code from the inside of the promotional pack that has been submitted will also be logged as "used". However, all your personal data will be erased,
- a right to amend your data; and
- the right to ask us to port (transfer) your data directly to you or another organisation.
- If you believe that the Promoter is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
- This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom, other than employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg UK Limited, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Redemption may not be recorded until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
- You will require internet access to enter the promotion.
To enter the promotion you must:
- purchase one pack of: 10 x 440ml Carlsberg Danish Pilsner or Carlsberg Export cans; or one pack of 15 x 440ml Carlsberg Export cans, which has, on its packaging, the WWF logo or is described as a "WWF promotional pack" (or similar) in the accompanying promotional material (Promotional Pack);
- scan the QR code on the Promotional Pack or visit www.carlsberg.co.uk/wwf-donation (Landing Page); and
- insert the information required at the Landing Page (including the unique code from the inside the Promotional Pack), confirm acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and submit that information online.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promotion starts at 00:00 on 9th August 2021. All entries must be received by the Promoter before the promotion closes at 23:59 on 30th November 2021 (Closing Date). Entries received after the Closing Date will be invalid and will not be entered into the promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for purchases of Promotional Packs made after the Closing Date for any reason. The Promoter also accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
- Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
- Following completion of the steps at Paragraphs 4(a) to 4(c) (inclusive) above, subject to the provision of any further information that the Promoter requires from you to verify the eligibility of the information submitted via the Landing Page, the Promoter will record your Redemption and send you a confirmation email that your Redemption has been recorded.
- The Promoter will give a minimum of £115,000 to WWF for the Seagrass Project in connection with the sale of Promotional Packs, irrespective of whether recorded Redemptions reach this amount or not (i.e. if there are 230,000 or less Redemptions recorded by following the steps at Paragraphs 4(a) to 4(c) (inclusive) above on the Closing Date, the Promoter will still give WWF £115,000 for the Seagrass Project). The Promoter will give WWF an additional 50p per recorded Redemption, for the Seagrass Project, if, by the Closing Date, over £115,000 worth of Promotional Pack redemptions are recorded (i.e. over 230,000 Redemptions are recorded by following the steps at Paragraphs 4(a) to 4(c) (inclusive) above on the Closing Date).
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the spirit of the promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this Paragraph by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts or using multiple identities. No bulk, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
How to Enter
Promoter: Carlsberg UK Limited, Marston's House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, England, WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly. Drinkaware.co.uk.